The rental car business has surely leapt in the last few years. Turo is one of the well-known rental car companies, but it can be a bit expensive compared to other traditional services so looking into rental car apps like Turo might be more cost-effective.
What Will We Talk About Here?
- Some of the best rental car apps like Turo include SIXT, Getaround, Virtuo, etc.
- The alternatives have been chosen based on their availability, accessibility, and reliability of the service.
- Most of these options come with user friendly apps and easy booking.
…and Much More!
Top 9 Rental Car Apps Like Turo
Majority of the people are now in favor of explore unconventional car rental options in the market that are lighter on the pocket.
Keeping their affordability, accessibility, and reliability, we have listed some of the best alternative to Turo below.
SIXT is one famous rental car company that offers you a safe and comfortable ride in 105 countries worldwide.
- Different types of vehicles can be found, such as MPV, Saloons, Convertible, SUV, and Coupe.
- SIXT has three central business units; Limousine Service, MyDriver, and Drying Little Tears.
- Multiple seater and doors as per your requirements.
- Vehicles of leading brands are available at SIXT, such as Range Rover, Audi, Mercedes, BMW X3, Nissan Versa and a few more.
- It has a user-friendly app, and you can rent or book a vehicle for yourself no matter what location you are at.
Another affordable peer-to-peer rental company is Getaround which allows you to rent vehicles even for shorter periods. The platform of Getaround can provide you with a sustainable future in the rental business.
- It is undoubtedly one of the cost-effective alternatives, and you can book or reserve your vehicle through their app in just a few seconds.
- The trips are covered by insurance which is quite a breather.
- You can have contactless sharing as you can unlock your car with the app through the Getaround Connect device.
- The quotation starts from 15 euros per day and $5 per hour.
- Variety of vehicle models available starting from Toyota to Tesla.
VIRTUO ensures its customers with a contactless pickup at the mentioned address in no time. They have fully equipped and premium cars for you which you can choose from.
- Vehicle types include Tesla Model 3, Mercedes A-Class or GLA.
- The quotation is around $48 for one day and an additional $10 if you rent it with a driver under 25.
- You can report if the car gets damaged.
- The capacity of people it accommodates up to is four people.
- You can seamlessly book your ride through the user-friendly interface of the app.
Another way to rent a temporary vehicle is through the Zipcar app, which has the best features for you in the box. It is a service based on car sharing on membership. You can book cars on demand for an hour or day per your requirements.
- The process is quite simple, and you can apply online if you have an approved drivers’ license.
- You need to park the car back at the station or whatever location you rented it from in the first place.
- The quotation varies with the vehicle you choose.
- Ford Fiesta (6GBP per hour and 60GBP per day), Volkswagen Transporter (9GBP per hour and 79GBP per day), Ford Focus (7GBP per hour and 64 GBP per day), Hyundai I30 (7GBP per hour and 64GBP per day), and few more.
- Two types of memberships are there; Basic £0 (Driving rates from £6.50/hour and £59/day) and Smart £6/month (Driving rates from £5/hour and £44/day).
Rental24 provides services across 170 countries from over 850+ car rental companies at affordable prices and good features. Create your account through the app and book a ride for yourself by filling in the location details and several other credentials.
- Free cancellation or amendments can be made whenever required.
- There are no hidden charges you are liable to pay but the fees.
- The service is available in over 7000 cities.
- You can also compare the prices through its app and choose whatever fits you the best.
- The number of vehicle models and vehicle types can be found on the app.
Avail guarantees you top-notch features and services with its Standard Cars, Mid-sized SUVs, Large SUVs and Vans. This car-sharing company will ensure you get the best customer service with add-ons such as insurance, COVID SOPs, cleaning and safety.
- To rent a car, all you need is an official drivers’ license and a designated amount of cash on your payment card for making a reservation.
- There are no charges for people under 25 years of age, which means a savings of $25.
- You can also add up a second driver for free.
- The rent quotation is $90 approximately per day (depending on the type and model of vehicle you choose).
- Payment can be made through a debit or a credit card.
Here we have another best alternative for Turo, which you can opt for to carry out your daily errands or whatever other purpose you need to rent a vehicle. Download the app and reserve your choice of car without having to go through lengthy procedures manually.
- The rental perks will vary with the type of vehicle you choose. However, they will take care of vehicles’ maintenance and your safety
- Lyft Rentals offers Free Lyft Credit, Bonus Perks, Car maintenance, Unlimited-mileage without a fee.
- Cancellation of booking will cost you $50.
- It has a partnership with another best Turo alternative, i.e., SIXT.
- You receive $20 credit for getting to and from the lot.
Whether renting a car for your business chores or vacation, Hertz will provide you with the best facilities with high-class vehicles available, ensuring a comfortable ride to its customers.
- Hertz has some investors, and it has well maintained its reputation over the years in many countries worldwide.
- You can redeem your points when renting a Hertz rental car.
- They also offer a hire now, pay later scheme for the vehicles.
- You need to make a minimum deposit of $200.
- You can use Hertz rental car service in countries like the United States and Canada.
Through its map, you can also get to its station and rent a vehicle as per your choice, budget, and the services you are looking for. It will show you a finance quotation once done.
- Rent varies depending on the car type. For instance, you pay $120 for 1963 Ford Galaxie 500, $700 for 1955 Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn, $300 for 1966 Chevrolet Corvette, and $200 for 1965 Chevrolet Impala.
- You need to add your pickup and drop-off location and choose a car
- You can make cancellations only within 48 hours of booking free of cost.
- The fee and an additional $25 are supposed to be paid if cancellation is made before 48 hours.
- It usually has high-class vehicles.
The Bottom Line
Rental car services are a great alternative to expensive options available otherwise. Turo has undoubtedly been one of a kind, but it can be bank-breaking for people.
Several other rental car apps like Turo can assure you the top-notch experience of renting a car in such an affordable range to cater to this problem. The above alternatives have a user-friendly mobile application that has made the process much quicker and easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I do DoorDash with a rental car?
Yes, you can rent a car, and you are likely to earn around $1000 if you do such deliveries.
Can you use a different car for Postmates?
Yes, different cars can be used through Postmates Fleet App after fulfilling certain criteria.
What are the basic requirements of renting a car?
To rent a car, you need a drivers’ license, a credit card for the payment. The driver needs to be above 25 years of age in some cases.